Thursday, June 2, 2016

The (Only) Annual Blog Awards!

So this year has come to an end, and before I post my final blog (which will go up at 11:59 tonight), I wanted to mention other people's blogs. As much as I have enjoyed the blog project this year, I feel that our class as a whole didn't spend enough time reading each other's blogs and reflecting on them, which is a shame. So much thought and creativity has been put into each and every blog but is largely ignored, and the only thing we get out of it is a letter grade at the end of each quarter. So I decided to go through everyone's blog and post my favorites on here because there are some really amazing posts and entire blogs from this year, marking the...

ONLY ANNUAL BLOG AWARDS!!!!!!

And the categories are:
Funny af - the funniest blog post
WTF! - the strangest blog post
Awww - the most touching blog post
That's deep, man - the most in-depth blog post
Cool - the best blog layout/aesthetic
Blog Post of the Year
Blog of the Year

Disclaimer: These are just some of my personal favorites but there are a lot of other great blogs that I didn't mention so I would strongly encourage all of you to browse through others' blogs! Also keep in mind that each blog post can only win one category.


Funny af
"The Kim Kardashian App is Ruining my Life." -Georgia (Happenings from Hell)
I don't even know where to start with this one...but basically I just couldn't stop laughing while I was reading this post. Georgia's description of the app is just so hilarious and you can just hear her sarcastic tone while reading it. Simply the best thing ever. My favorite line is "well I mean she really became famous after she released that sex tape, but I am still waiting for that to be one of the quests in the game." Iconic. If you haven't read this blog, read it right now. If you have, read it again. You won't be able to get through it without laughing.
Blog Post

WTF!

"FUCK" -Jeannine (40...)
This post literally fits into the title of this category and truly embodies the "wtf" title. It is about the use of the word "fuck"...yea I don't really know what else to say about it.
Blog Post

Awww
"An Ode to the Jerry Mirliani" -Marta (Prose Before Hoes)
I think that we were all shocked when the legend himself Jerry Mirliani announced his retirement. He has always been a vital part of this school's community and he will be dearly missed by everyone next year. I know him, but not on as deep a level as some people, such as Marta, who has taken his AP Music Theory (RIP) class this past year. This blog post tells the story of her and Matthew finding out about his retirement, which really captures the shock that all of us felt.
Blog Post

That's deep, man
"Eyebrow Fleekness: an Important Part of Women's Lives Through History" -Georgia (Happenings from Hell)
This blog pretty much marked the start of this year's blog project, with this extremely in depth history of eyebrows that was written after our class's fascination with the woman's eyebrows from Rashomon. I'm 99% sure Georgia did more research for this blog post than I did for my entire history research paper...whatever. Anyways, this blog really did mark the start of something new. Excellent.
Blog Post

Cool
Blogging with Cristalba18 by Cristal
This blog is just very aesthetically pleasing with a panel for each post. Yup.
Blog


Blog Post of the Year
"Perfect is never good enough" -Julia (John the Baptist Says...)
Don't be fooled by the title, this post is actually not soppy or cliché like it may seem to be. This is an astounding blog that not only covers a deep topic, but is written beautifully. I don't want to talk about it too much because the only way to really do it justice is to read it thoroughly. Really amazing.
Blog Post


Blog of the Year
A Blog With A View by Emily
This blog is brilliant. Emily did a really amazing job with this, as all of the posts make the reader deeply ponder all the topics that she brings up. The entire blog brings entirely new perspectives to issues that we discuss in class and deeply analyzes aspects of the curriculum that we spend very little time on. However, none of it is foreign and she does a superb job relating everything back to the core themes of this class. My personal favorite post is "Put Yourself in Someone Else's Shoes", which puts a clever twist on the phrase as she physically puts herself in new places. It also has a great photo journal that accompanies it. I strongly encourage you to check it out.
Blog