Thursday, June 2, 2016

The End.

I guess this is it. My last blog post. Wow, this year really did go by quickly. It feels that only yesterday I was making a list of potential blog entries to write about through the course of the year, but this is the last part of "That's So Elliot". So I wanted to wrap up this blog with one final entry.

At first, I hated the idea of a blog project. The assignment was very vague (a recurring theme in this class, no shade, no shade), so I had no idea where to even begin. So my first entries were not that great, but as time went by, I slowly began to love the freedom I was given to write about whatever: reflections on class, really weird extrapolations of a unit, personal pieces, and just random thoughts that I needed to share. I have also had so much fun reading others' blogs that have really great content from a large number of perspectives.

But what really made me love these was the variety of emotion contained within them. Some blogs made me laugh so hard that Eric actually told me to be quiet from his room, some left me thinking for days, some made me cry, and those are only a few of the emotions that these blogs carried. It made me realize how truly writing carries emotion, and the fact that I knew all of the authors further strengthened it. When I read a blog, I imagine the writer talking directly to me, which makes everything so much more personal and emotional then just reading a piece by a faceless author.

In fact, blogs were actually my favorite part of this class, as I was really able to express myself to the world with no filter and as much time as I needed to really phrase my thoughts the way I wanted to. I also learned a lot about my peers by reading their posts through the topics they wrote about and the style in which they wrote. I could even hear their tones as I was reading the blogs, especially Georgia's sassiness (which I greatly admire). Overall, I really enjoyed this project in all its aspects.

And one last thing: gifs. A true staple of this blog is gifs. So I put up my top three gifs from this year that are truly iconic. Btw, it is not pronounced jif, it is gif *cough* Jack *cough*

Mr. Yee spinning after saying Macbeth...no more explanation needed


This is both funny and painful at the same time...Mr. M/Jerry is, in the words of Zach, STRAIGHT UP SAVAGE but you can't help but feel Dr. J's pain as she is knocked to the floor and he head whips back. RIP.


Speaks for itself.


And with that, I leave you with two really nostalgic songs that just make me happy and sad at the same time. Remember to pray for our final exam grades. It was lit, fam.
Goodbye.